Wilson Township Clerk

Wilson Township Clerk
Marilyn L Beebe
1701 Fall Park Rd.
Boyne City, MI 49712

Phone: (231) 582-1033
Fax:      (866) 998-1922
Email: wilsonclerk49712@gmail.com

Election Materials Quick Links

Michigan Election Law
Voter Information Center

Michigan Voter Registration application
A Student's Guide to Voting
For information on how to get an absent voter ballot, click here.

Voter Information Center
The Michigan Secretary of State "Voter Information Center" is online at www.michigan.gov/vote. Michigan residents can access information about their voter registration status, find their polling location, get directions to their polling place and view a sample ballot.

Frequently asked questions regarding voting

How do I register to vote? Eligible citizens may become registered to vote in a variety of ways, at any time through Election Day. Individuals who register to vote within the 14-day period immediately preceding an election must appear in person at their city or township clerk’s office and provide proof of residency.

Individuals using any other method must register to vote at least 15 days before Election Day and are not required to provide proof of residency. Other methods of registration include an application obtained at one of the following locations:

  • Your local Secretary of State branch office
  • Your local county, city, or township clerk's office
  • Offices of several state agencies, like the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Community Health, and the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
  • Military recruitment centers
  • Voter registration drives
  • Online at www.Michigan.gov/vote

Michigan law states that the same address must be used for voter registration and driver's license purposes. That means, if the residence address you provide on the application differs from the address shown on a driver's license or personal identification card issued by the state of Michigan, the Secretary of State will automatically change your driver's license or personal ID card address to match the residence address entered on this form. If a change is made, the Secretary of State will mail you an address update sticker for your driver's license or personal ID card.

Who is eligible to vote? In order to vote you must be: a citizen of the United States, a resident of the State of Michigan (and will be at least a 30-day resident of your city or township by election day), a registered voter, and 18 years of age on or before election day.

Military and Overseas Civilian Voters? Special services are provided to assist military and overseas civilian voters participate in elections. If you are living outside the U.S., you may send a Federal Postcard Application to register to vote. This application is distributed through U.S. embassies and military bases. It also serves as a way to request an absentee ballot.

How do I get an absent voter ballot? Absent Voter (AV) ballots are available to all voters for all elections. AV ballots allow voters to cast a ballot without being present in the polls on election day. To request an absent voter ballot for an upcoming election, call the Clerk at (231) 582-1033 (please leave a message if no answer) and you will be mailed an application. You may also click the following link for a fillable Absent Voter Ballot application or for print only click the link AV application.The application must be returned to the clerk by email: wilsonclerk49712@gmail.com, fax: (866) 998-1922 or mail: Wilson Township Clerk, 01701 Fall Park Rd, Boyne City, MI 49712.

Permanent Absent Voter List
The Wilson Township clerk maintains a list of voters who will automatically receive an application to request an Absent Voter (AV) ballot for every election. The applications are automatically mailed four to six weeks prior to every election. Voters must complete, sign and return the application by the deadline in order to have an absent voter ballot sent to them. If the voter doesn't wish to receive a ballot for a specific election, they don’t return the application.

If you wish to be added to the Wilson Township Permanent Absent Voter List, contact the Wilson Township Clerk.

Photo Identification Required When Voting
The Michigan Supreme Court recently upheld a Michigan law passed in 1996, requiring all voters to show photo identification when voting at the polls. The requirement became effective with the November 2007 election. Voters must show photo identification or sign an affidavit attesting that he or she is not in possession of picture identification.

Accepted forms of photo identification are:

  • Drivers License or personal identification card
  • United States Passport
  • Military ID with photo
  • Federal or State government issued photo identification
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or accredited institution of higher learning
  • Tribal identification card with photo

Voters who do not have a photo ID can acquire a state identification card at their local Secretary of State branch office for $10. State ID cards are free to individuals who are 65 or older, blind, or who have had their driving privileges terminated due to a physical or mental condition. Proof of identity and residency are required when applying for a State ID card.

For additional information about the photo identification requirement, please visit the Secretary of State Election Web Page.

For questions about voter registration and / or elections, please contact Marilyn L. Beebe, Clerk

Back to the top